I didn’t have a very good start to this project this month. On the first evening I stitched a length of thread to complete working across the project and as I was re-threading the needle I realised that I had used the wrong colour. They were very close colours so it wasn’t completely noticeable but I knew that the mistake was there. It did look obvious in daylight so I decided to unpick the thread and restitch it. By that time though I was feeling pretty fed up with the project and bored with the light colours.
Whenever this happens it’s usually a sign that I need to stitch on a project in a different way. Working colour by colour on a page has been working well on Bizarre Bookshelf so I decided to give that a try with what remained of page 1 on this project. I made myself work with the lighter colours first just to make sure that the trailing threads of dark colours didn’t show up through the lighter colours. Once those were done though I was able to work through the darker and brighter colours in the chimney and the very top of one of the cottages. It did involve lots of switching of needles towards the end of the page but I was able to complete page 1 just at the end of the month.
Stitch total for August 5,028 stitches over 10 days