After two weeks of feeling that I’ve been making quick progress on my sewings it all seems to have slowed down this week. But I’ve finished the main sunflower and stitched most of one of the leaves a nice colour change to greens from all those reds and oranges. I have a feeling that it’s because I haven’t put in all of the background red yet and so it looks like there are lots of big gaps. There is another daisy to go into the bottom left corner of the picture so I’m getting to the point where I can easily count my way over to it and get the daisy stitched before filling in the background. If I can get all of the little splashes of colour in then I can just go through and fill in the background and not have to refer to the pattern. Not having to keep counting and checking the pattern really speeds up stitching. You can’t see the other daisies at the moment as I’ve scrolled the fabric on the frame to work on the bottom of the picture.
Sunkissed now gets put away for a week so I can carry on with Fairy Tales. I start on page four of the pattern tonight and this time I have more gridding lines to help with counting and finding my place so I’m looking forward to seeing how much that helps. I’ve also ordered the fabric for Train of Dreams, someone suggested stitching these large Heaven and Earth Design projects on a cream or ivory fabric as any little spots of background colour do not show through so much so I’m giving ivory a try. At the same time I ordered the fabric for a couple of other projects so my next task is going to be sorting out storage and labelling my fabric so I know what picture I’ve bought it for.