It was fairy day this week so I have been working on Faces of Fairy #70 for the occasion. Her face is now complete so I’ve started filling in some of her lovely purple, blue and pink hair. I seem to be able to stitch around half a page a week on this design and the fewer colour changes make a welcome break from the constant colour changes on the train. I’m also using a slightly bigger needle on this design even though it’s still stitched on 25 count lugana, a size 26 rather than 28. I haven’t had any problems with getting the needle through the fabric and stitching but I am stabbing myself with the needle less often. Although the size 28 needles that I use are tapestry needles the seem really sharp and very good at finding their way into my finger. I’ve ordered some Piecemaker needles to try, I’ve heard some very good reviews of them, otherwise I may see about swapping to the size 26.
I’m also getting everything prepared for the storykeep stitch along on the heaven and earth designs forum. My thread is ready I just need to finish edging the fabric and then I’ll be ready to start next weekend.